Chocolate salami will never go out of style: it is perfect for parties and snacks, even on the go. To do in 30 minutes, you must definitely try it!
Chocolate salami is a classic, always appreciated and appreciated by everyone: young and old. It is very easy to prepare and can also be done well in advance – an important factor in managing your time better. It is also very easy to carry and can turn into a different gift than usual.
The recipes for this dessert are many and everyone can customize them to their taste: inside, for example, you can also put dried fruit, candied fruit, and other delicacies.
For a perfect result, you need to be very careful in the choice and quality of the ingredients – and then there are little secrets stolen from grandmothers that ensure guaranteed success. Here’s how to cook an exquisite chocolate salami in no time!
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 150 g of butter
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 400 g of dry biscuits difficulty: easy
How to make chocolate salami
- Put a saucepan with water and a container inside for the bain-marie on the stove. With a knife, coarsely chop the dark chocolate and place it in the inner container. Turn on the heat and, stirring often, melt the chocolate until you have a fluid cream.
- Pour the butter (at room temperature) into a bowl, work it with a whisk or spatula so that it is creamy and slightly fluffy.
- Add sugar and eggs, mix well until the mixture is well blended. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture, which in the meantime will have cooled. Mix again, once again you have to get a smooth mixture.
- Finely blend half of the biscuits and coarsely chop the other half with your hands. Add them to the mixture and mix in order to distribute them evenly.
- Prepare a sheet of parchment paper and pour the creamy mixture (which should be malleable but of a certain consistency) giving it the shape of a salami. Close the parchment paper to form a large candy.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours, preferably twelve. Then it will be ready to be cut into thin slices and enjoyed.
If you want to test yourself with another quick and easy dessert, here are all our recipes with chocolate!
Tips for preparation
A first precaution must be done when the biscuits crumble. You don’t have to blend them all in the mixer, otherwise, they crumble too much and you also lose that slightly rustic effect so characteristic of this dessert.
When you bite into the chocolate salami, they will need to feel those coarse bits.
Second important step: the chocolate must be melted in a bain-marie. It is essential that it is well dissolved, otherwise, it does not mix well with the rest of the mixture. The chocolate must, in fact, act as a binder together with the butter.
Do not overdo the doses of butter, otherwise, it will be nauseating. If you see that the dough does not bind well, add a small egg. Conversely, if the dough is too liquid, you can add unsweetened cocoa powder and broken biscuits a little at a time.
If you wish, you can make the white chocolate salami with a simple and small substitution in the taste of chocolate. Since it will be much sweeter, however, we advise you to add a bit of sourness with dehydrated raspberries to integrate into the mixture.
Are you eggless? Chocolate salami can be made anyway: don’t worry. Add chocolate, butter, sugar, and biscuits: if the consistency is too hard, add a drop of milk if necessary. In taste, you will not miss it absolutely!
Some, however, just don’t like the taste of butter. Also, in this case, it is possible to customize the recipe and make a chocolate salami without butter. Keep in mind, however, that you will need fewer cookies to get the right consistency.