If you are looking for a treatment to improve the appearance of your hair and skin, do not hesitate: try apricot oil. It is obtained by putting pressure on the seed of the fruit itself, in such a way that they manage to concentrate a high amount of nutrients suitable for dry and damaged hair and to help treat some skin problems associated with age, sunburn, or the simple dryness.
Although it is true that this oil has its origin in Armenia, today we can find apricot oil in any natural store or specialized beauty store.
Next, we invite you to learn more about this gift of nature.
The king of hair and skin treatments: apricot oil
In our beauty rituals we are used, sometimes, to invest a lot of money. Treatments to straighten the hair, to give it shine or add silkiness.
And what can we say about our skin? We have a cream to hydrate, another to nourish, another to fight to age. Are a lot of things!
Apricot kernel oil has several properties , it is a “two in one” very suitable for taking care of our skin and hair, hence it is always worth having it at home.
Take note of everything you can do for us:
1. Greater benefits than almond oil
We all know the great virtues of almond oil . Now, the oil obtained from the apricot kernel has even more nutrients :
- Higher content of carotenoids.
- It has linoleic acid and Omega 6.
- Vitamin A, B, C, E.
- Contains potassium and magnesium.
2. Take care of any type of skin
Apricot oil, in addition to smelling delicious, is a perfect resource not only for us, but for the whole family. We explain why:
- This oil is absorbed instantly, does not leave the skin sticky and it is very suitable to apply it on our body, for example, after showering. It leaves us with a smooth and soft skin at the moment. It also has antimicrobial properties, according to the journal “Phytotherapy Research.”
- Given its richness in nutrients and its great softness, it is very suitable for the skin of babies. When they have some type of irritation, do not hesitate to apply a few drops. You will favor the reduction of inflammation and relief.
- Apricot kernel oil is great after shaving for men. Also for us when we wax . Avoid irritation and soften.
- This oil is widely used especially to treat dry and wrinkled skin , both for the face, the eye contour and the body.
- If your skin is sensitive, feel free to try this apricot oil. It calms and protects us from external agents such as the wind, or other elements that can harm us.
3. Apricot oil takes care of your hair
- Apricot kernel oil is used primarily to straighten hair.
- It is very effective for repairing hair damaged by the sun, due to the effect of dyes or hair straighteners.
- If you mix a few drops of apricot oil with a little water and put this mixture in a diffuser, you will get a delicious perfume for your hair. This is due to a large number of volatile compounds in its composition, as stated in an article published in the “Journal of Oleo Science”.
How can I use apricot oil on a day-to-day basis?
As a facial treatment
- This oil is very useful if we use it before going to sleep.
- What we will do is apply 4 drops on a cotton pad and make a circular massage on the clean face. Do it before putting on your usual cream , the one that you usually use before going to sleep, either the moisturizer or the anti-wrinkle.
- Don’t forget about the eye contour either. Apricot kernel oil is very effective in treating this delicate area of our face.
- Let the skin absorb the oil for a minute. You will see how soft it feels.
As a body treatment
- For smoother, smoother, and more toned skin, apply 8 drops to the palms of your hands and then massage your body with the oil right after your showers. It is absorbed instantly!
- Another idea is to put a few drops in your usual body cream or in your hand cream . Thanks to apricot oil, you will get many more nutrients.
As a hair repair treatment
- One thing to keep in mind is that if your hair is oily, it will not be suitable for you to use this oil.
- Apricot kernel oil as a hair repair is only useful if your hair is dry, dull, and damaged by the sun or dye. If you have it rather greasy it will not help you.
- To benefit from it, just put about 5 drops in your hands and spread it from the tips to the roots. Hair must be dry.
- Let it work for 15-20 minutes, then wash your hair normally.
Include apricot oil in your routines!
In addition to all the properties of the meat of this fruit, its oils are a fantastic help when it comes to improving the appearance of your health and your hair. For this reason, we encourage you to incorporate it into your daily routines.
Remember that a varied and balanced diet also helps to improve your external appearance, in addition to increasing the efficiency of all physiological processes internally.